Careers: Manager, Data Research and Grants
About the Peterson Center on Healthcare
The Peterson Center on Healthcare is a non-profit organization dedicated to making higher quality, more affordable healthcare a reality for all Americans. The organization is working to transform U.S. healthcare into a high-performance system by finding innovative solutions that improve quality and lower costs, and accelerating their adoption on a national scale. Established by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, the Center collaborates with stakeholders across the healthcare system and engages in grant-making, partnerships, and research.
The Center is seeking a Manager, Data Research and Grants to manage the organization’s portfolio of grants focused on monitoring and developing a better understanding of healthcare performance at the national level, and improving data transparency at the regional level to inform purchasing decisions and accelerate care delivery reform. This position will support the development of new grants, partnerships, and learning opportunities in accordance with the Center’s data strategy. Oversight of projects across the data grant portfolio will require active relationship and project management of highly engaged grantees as well as an advisory group to help inform the direction of active and proposed projects. This is a full-time position located in New York, N.Y.
In addition, the Manager, Data Research and Grants will build relationships with key stakeholders, attend and participate in events, commission necessary research to inform decision making, and serve as the Center’s subject matter expert on healthcare data measurement and transparency topics. She/he will contribute to new ideas for projects as well as partnerships and learning opportunities to help guide investments. The Manager, Data Research and Grants will also review grant proposals and manage the grant approval process. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, highly collaborative, growing organization that embraces critical thinking, problem solving, and innovative ideas.
The main responsibilities of the job include:
- Execute and continually refine the Center’s data strategy by building new partnerships and engaging experts and various stakeholders to guide investments
- Develop and maintain insights from the field by attending and participating at relevant events, commissioning research; organize and manage a data-specific advisory group of key experts
- Proactively identify and cultivate relationships and learning opportunities with relevant organizations to inform the Center’s investments
- Independently manage the grant approval process: solicit, co-develop, and process grant proposals
- Independently provide oversight of approved grants in the data and performance segment: serve as primary contact for grantees, design project plans, lead working sessions, and ensure each project is on track to achieve objectives within assigned budget parameters
- Perform grant administration functions, including writing grant recommendations, writing modifications and end-of grant memos, tracking approval status, and working with the Foundation’s Grants Administration staff to source feedback and approval on budgets and administrative documentation. Provide timely and detailed reporting on grants, as well as research, to the senior leadership team.
- Continually integrate lessons learned from grantees, partnerships, and research into the Center’s data strategy
- Contribute to idea generation and development of new grants
- At least 10 years of professional experience, with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Demonstrated expertise in healthcare data, especially operational aspects of analytics and their use by providers, care delivery, payment structures, and relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective interpersonal skills to develop and manage productive and collaborative relationships both internally and externally, including experience in identifying and engaging external stakeholders relevant to healthcare data management and utilization
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and analytically to gather and synthesize large amounts of information, quickly master new subject areas, make recommendations, and contribute to idea generation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clear and effective presentation and writing style and past experience in presenting to and preparing written materials for external audiences
- Organized, detail-oriented, and highly skilled at project management with the ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Demonstrated or expressed interest in learning how to spread and scale care models and innovations in healthcare
- Experience in grant administration and/or grant management is preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree required; Master’s degree in public health, public policy, or public administration preferred
We are a dynamic, growing organization that embraces critical thinking, problem solving, and innovative ideas. If you have relevant experience and qualifications, please upload your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, addressed to Emily Zyborowicz at the following link: https://ats.k2-app.com/jobPosting/apply/2363.