- The Fiscal
- What We're
- What You
The Peter G. Peterson Foundation (“Foundation”) is working to secure a healthy, growing economy by addressing America’s long-term fiscal and economic challenges. The Foundation partners with leading decision-makers in government, policy, academia, media, business and issue/constituent groups to build support for solutions to put America on a sustainable fiscal and economic path. As a non-partisan organization, the Foundation engages in grant-making, partnerships and research to educate and involve Americans from a variety of perspectives.
The Senior Manager, Strategy and Programs will play a critical role in supporting the development and execution of current and brand-new strategic initiatives and programs that support the mission of the Foundation and strengthen its impact and reach. These initiatives will address traditional and emerging issue areas for the Foundation and be cross-functional and interdisciplinary, involving a unique blend of grants, partnerships and internal efforts.
Reporting to the Vice President of these initiatives, the Senior Manager will work collaboratively across the organization. As the Foundation identifies and launches new initiatives and programs, the Senior Manager will work on strategy, program design, analysis and implementation. The Senior Manager will also engage with external partners, consultants, and vendors, reflecting the multidisciplinary nature of the initiatives and projects this individual will support. More specifically, the responsibilities include:
• Help create, manage and launch programs and initiatives. This may include managing and expanding current projects within the Next Gen-focused portfolio, launching multi-pronged initiatives in the pipeline or developing new programs beyond the scope of the Peterson Foundation’s current focus areas.
• Support principals to develop, implement and refine the Foundation’s Next Gen engagement strategy as well as other new initiatives.
• Track brainstorming and planning conversations and draft follow up planning documents, notes and memos with strategic recommendations, action plans, processes and updates.
• Gather information on organizations, emerging trends, prominent projects, and other relevant considerations, and proactively use such research to guide projects and identify new opportunities for impact.
• Provide support and counsel to Foundation principals regarding prospective and ongoing opportunities for external engagement including assessing and providing recommendations on personal meetings, speaking opportunities, engagements, etc.
To apply, please send a brief letter summarizing your interest and a resume to email@example.com. Subject header on the e-mail should be: “Senior Manager, Strategy and Programs.”
The Peter G. Peterson Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.